Do you already have a caravan camera and want to view it on your Factory Toyota screen?
No need to add any more clutter to your dashboard when you can simply view your caravan camera through your factory head unit.
- View your existing caravan camera and on your Toyota factory screen
- Module retains factory reverse camera and has a caravan camera input (Polaris 4 pin Din configuration).
- Comes with a dash panel switch labelled caravan camera so it looks nice and neat
- Simply press the switch to access your caravan camera*.
- Recommended that an Auto Electrician fit this kit otherwise your warranty may be limited. After purchasing this kit, Installation instructions will be sent directly to your nominated Auto Electrician
- NTSC format cameras only work with Toyota screens. (more on this below). *Some of the higher end models will only allow caravan camera to be viewed only in reverse (more information below).
Which Toyota models does the module suit?
- Toyota Landcruiser GXL with factory screen (caravan camera can be viewed in reverse & driving forward)
- Toyota Prado GXL with factory screen(caravan camera can be viewed in reverse & driving forward)
- Toyota Landcruiser VX / Sahara with factory screen (Caravan Camera can only be viewed in Reverse)
- Toyota Prado VX/Sahara with factory screen (Caravan Camera can only be viewed in Reverse)
- Toyota Prado 150 series 2009 and up with factory screen (Caravan Camera can only be viewed in Reverse)
So how exactly will this module work with my Toyota screen?
You will receive a dash panel switch that can be fitted nice and neatly into the dash:
For the Toyota Landcruiser GXL & Toyota Prado GXL models, simply push the caravan camera switch in any time you like and you can view the caravan camera on the factory head unit. For the Toyota Landcruiser / Prado VX, Sahara and 150 models, the caravan camera can only be viewed while in reverse. When you are towing the caravan, make sure the switch is pushed in when you pop the car in reverse and your caravan camera will show up on the factory screen.
What other parts do i need in order to marry up to my existing caravan camera?
This one is a tricky one as all caravan manufacturers use different cameras, however we are generally familiar with all the different types of plugs. The quickest way to find out what other parts you need is to take a picture of your caravan camera and the plug on your A frame and send it through to email@example.com and one of our experienced staff members will get back to you with the parts required in addition to this module.
What does it mean when you say my camera has to be NTSC format?
Reverse Cameras usually come in a particular format. This format normally ranges between PAL & NTSC. Unfortunately the Toyota head unit only accepts cameras that are NTSC format. So it is best to double check with your caravan manufacturer as to whether your camera format is NTSC or PAL. If they aren't sure, ask them who the supplier is and you can most likely ask the supplier directly.
If you have acquired a caravan that has a Polaris camera on it, see if you can find out approx. when the camera was installed. Unfortunately up until about 2-3 years ago, all of our caravan cameras were PAL format. We now supply all of our caravan cameras in NTSC format so you will have to purchase a new camera.
Why do i need an Auto Electrician / Polaris to fit this module?
The main reason is because you are tapping into the factory head unit and the factory reverse camera and it is recommended that an experienced auto electrician should be fitting a module like this. Should something happen to your factory head unit while trying to install, Polaris will not cover any costs incurred from damaging the head unit due to improper installation.
Best to leave it to qualified Auto Electrician or Polaris to fit this particular kit for you.
After purchasing this kit, Installation instructions will be sent directly to your nominated Auto Electrician
Don’t have a caravan camera and need one?
We have a whole kit available here with this module for your Toyota screen.
Do you have a Zipmoney option?
In The box:
- Integration module
- Dash panel switch